Saturday, October 1, 2011

Castles in the Sky

Sometimes
I find myself staring into empty space
Where I imagined blue skies and green meadows
Where I wonder what sunshine would taste like
Where fluffy clouds would be my pillow
And the birds and breeze being my only companion

Sometimes
I find myself saying things
That never truly has any meanings
Till they were uttered out loud
And I wondered if it was my subconscious
Or my heart trying its best to be heard

Sometimes
I find myself dreaming
Of fantasies and make-believes
Of possibilities and chances
Of escaping to a place of rainbows and dewdrops
Just the two of us

Sometimes
Life is but a dream
Where the possibility of ever-after
Seems like reality
Within our grasp
So near yet so far


- SK (2011) -




Written in a bout of melancholy. But still it remains one of my most favourite and best self-written poem. To me, it's one of those poems that gives you a different form of inspiration and feelings every time you read it. Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did when I wrote it ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment