Saturday, March 19, 2011

Musings

Sometimes, I feel like I can learn a lot not just from books. But songs as well.

Songs are almost like poetry with music. After all, the basis of songwriting is rhyming words and creating verses. Once all of them are fitted together, we combined the idea of metaphors and similes into the song verses.

It's amazing how much you can tell within 3-4 minutes. It gives you a sneak peek into the other person's life, feelings and problems. In-depth enough to give you an overview. But not enough to give you a definite idea, letting imaginations fill in the gaps.

Sometimes, I fancied the idea that songs are like a really short book. Giving you enough ideas to feel good and inspired. While at times, making you feel the gloom and doom. Maybe that's why I try to be more open-minded about the type of music I listen to and not restrict myself to a certain genre. Though Bieber's songs and trot music are still really really REALLY hard to digest.












A/N: this is ramblings made by a girl who, should be asleep at 2:32am and dreaming about tomorrow. Not listening to Colbie Caillat's I Do and its simple sweet melody.

No comments:

Post a Comment